Search This Blog

Friday 10 June 2011

seizing today

following on from my long previous post that totally got off topic and had me on a whole different tangent.....

Living life to the fullest, what does it even mean?
For me, right now it means loving my son with all that I've got. And looking after myself so that I have a chance to be around to do things, to live.

Money limits our level of living to some extent. I have a lot of things I'd like to do but can't afford right now. But I am young with *HOPEFULLY* a long life ahead of me and I still have one thing on my side and that is time. Nothing limits our ability to live more than death.

Which is why I am on a health kick. Starting yesterday. I am going to eat healthy and exercise more. It is a work in progress. I'm starting a food/exercise diary to keep track of what I do. With notes about what I feel like at the time, in order to try and rewrite my hunger patterns and stop 'grazing' like a sheep all day.
To stop comfort eating when I'm upset, or bored, or stressed out.

Today I'm on a roll.
I've had ACTUAL breakfast for the first time in a while. A bowl of cereal and milk.
I've had a snack, of fruit (watermelon) which I shared with bubba Vinny and he still hates it. You should see his face when he eats it.
I've worked out on the wii fit and wii active.
I've taken a walk with the pram instead of driving.
I've come home despite walking right by KFC and thinking 'oh I should stop in and just get a snack box' and made myself a salad sandwich on quinoa and flaxseed bread. And I also had to walk past golden fried chicken indirectly (i could smell it from half a block away from the shop and it smelled sooooooooooooooo good!).

I am proud of my efforts. And I hope to reward myself with a sweet treat after a week. I can still eat sweets in moderation. But I have to stop making excuses and take responsibility for my health.

My number one priority is my beautiful baby boy, and I need to ensure I'm actually around to be here for him.

On a side note:
Instead of the words carpe diem, another idea I've had for my tattoo is a bucket list. This idea partly came from a family friend whom passed from cancer and only knew she had it for 6 months. In that 6 months despite illness and treatment she made a 'bucket list' and completed several things off it.

So the tattoo I am thinking about.... Is of a bucket.
As in an actual bucket with a check list on it that simply says live, love, learn, laugh often. (Surrounded by roses or something to pretty it up some). I still have to get it drawn up and see if it can be as nice as it is in my head.

That is ALL there really is to life after all. Live -don't just waste your life away. Love -family, friends, partners, children, animals, work, whatever it is that you love just love it well. Learn -there are always new things to learn no matter how old you are and Laugh Often -because life would be dull without laughter.
A sweet reminder of all those who have gone before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment